1. INFORMATION COLLECTIONPTI may collect information from you at several different points and in different ways on this Site. You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself other than the information that you automatically provide us (discussed below).
A. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO PTIIn order to take advantage of certain services PTI provides through the Site, you may be required to create a login account or complete an online registration. When you create a login account or online registration, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including but not limited to your name, address, email address and similar information. This allows us to contact you in connection with the products you have purchased from PTI or the promotion you have entered, as applicable. The Site may incorporate product review functionality. In order to post a product review on the Site, you may be required to provide certain information, including your name, email address, location, and/or be asked to login to a social media account. Unless you elect to receive promotional materials, the contact information you provide in connection with a review will be used solely for the purpose of validating and communicating with you regarding your review. When you sign up to receive newsletters, promotional materials and other updates, you will be asked to provide your email address. PTI will use this information to send you the requested materials.
B. INFORMATION PTI AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTS FROM YOUIn addition to information that you provide to PTI, PTI automatically tracks certain information based upon your behavior on the Site. PTI uses data collection devices, such as “cookies,” on certain pages of the Site to help analyze our website flow, website performance, and content structure, as well as to allow you to maintain a login account. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies will be placed as a text file in the browser of your computer. PTI may automatically collect other information, including computer type, browser-type and plug-ins, language, internet service provider (ISP), operating system, java script enables, referring and exit pages, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and city and country. Additionally, PTI may automatically collect and log your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). Your IP address is a unique numerical address consisting of four numbers separated by periods which provides the location to an individual computer on the Internet. IP addresses are used to designate the computer from which you are accessing the website PTI may also obtain data about you when you interact with the Site, such as when you look at a page, send a message through the Site, search for content on the Site, and click on an ad featured on or linked to the Site. When you post certain content on the website, such as videos, photographs, and sound files, PTI may receive metadata that tells us the time, date and/or location in which the file was created.
2. INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSUREPTI uses and shares the information you provide us and the information we automatically collect from you in accordance with this Section.
A. INTERNAL USEPTI’s primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, PTI may use your personal information:
- To make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once;
- To help you quickly find information and services.
- To help PTI create content on this Site or otherwise provide you with content that is most relevant to you; and
- To provide you with information that you request, and to alert you to updated information and services offered by PTI.