PermaTherm’s Cold Storage Insulated Panels
PermaTherm’s cold storage insulated panels offer unmatched flexibility for a broad range of cold storage applications, whether it be for cold storage warehouses and distribution centers, walk-in coolers / freezers, refrigeration or simply tight environmental control of any building. Our insulated freezer panels are typically metal insulated panels that utilize PermaTherm's own expanded polystyrene as core insulation with a variety of metal laminates. These cold storage panels can be used for cold storage walls (exterior, interior and partition walls), roofs, floors or doors in new or energy retro-fit construction.
Frequently, cold storage facilities must not only be thermally-insulated, but must be able to control bacteria, grease or dust. Our cold storage panels are excellent for food, meat and floral-related metal building systems, as PermaTherm’s freezer panels are generally fabricated from 26-gauge G90 steel or stainless steel skinned panels, with alternative textures that support a clean work environment. Additionally, PermaTherm’s cold storage insulated panels are highly-washable, hygienic, are resistant to mold and stains, and meet pertinent FDA regulations and USDA conditions.
With our extensive experience, industry knowledge, and alliances with construction companies across North America, PermaTherm is the preferred single-source provider of new or retrofit cold storage construction. Learn more about our advanced insulated freezer panels – contact PermaTherm online to see why our cold storage insulated panels are superior to any other similar panel product on the market.
Additionally, PermaTherm carries a complete line of panel accessories for our insulated freezer panels, eliminating the need to procure materials from a third-party vendor. We have everything you need to construct the most thermally-efficient cold storage applications. Ask about our wide range of panel attachment details and accessories.
Insulated Freezer Panels: Features and Benefits
Our thermally-efficient insulated freezer panels provide low-cost construction and rapid lead times. With other manufacturers, you may have to wait up to three months to receive your cold storage insulated panels – but PermaTherm has some of the fastest lead times in the industry, helping you stay on time and on budget.
In addition to cost savings and thermal efficiency, our cold storage panels also provide:
- Superior Thermal Efficiency: Nothing comes close to matching the energy-saving properties of our freezer panels, where R-values up to 50 can be achieved. We provide the lowest cost-per-R of any similar panel product. Our cold storage design interconnection system reduces thermal bridging (heat loss), often prevalent in more complex designs. Additionally, our cold storage insulated panels actually increase in R-value as temperatures. The colder the environment, the better the panel performs.
- Maintaining R-values. There is no loss of thermal resistance (R-value) for the life of the building. Other cold storage panels lose thermal resistance over time, which means your energy cost will increase over time.
- Variety of Dimensions: Our advanced freezer panels are made to order, in a variety of thicknesses between two and 12 inches. PermaTherm's continuous laminating line can manufacture panels in any desired length and to each job’s specific tolerance needs, with lengths up to 60 feet, allowing us to meet the most demanding project requirements.
- Strong and Lightweight: PermaTherm’s insulated freezer panels are incredibly strong, lightweight and easy-to-install, allowing for longer spans and lower installation costs. In fact, PermaTherm’s cold storage insulated panels, fabricated from steel, are so strong and durable that we are able to reinforce and strengthen a metal building system’s structure.
- Choice of Laminates: Exterior skins are available in many prefinished skin colors and fabricated out of your choice of stainless steel, galvanized steel, standard steel or FRP.
- Ease of Installation: PermaTherm's cold storage insulated panels are easy to install, using a simple "tongue-and-groove" joint. Our freezer panels simply slide into place and are easily secured to the building's steel superstructure, allowing us to construct metal building systems much faster than general construction times, saving you time and money.
Our customer service representatives are waiting to help you create the best performance package available. Call PermaTherm toll-free at 877-650-4543to learn more about our durable, easy-to-install cold storage insulated panels.